"If you wish to persuade me, you must think my thoughts, feel my feelings and speak my words."
Those words above, first spoken by the Roman statesman Cicero some 2,000 years ago, represent what Scott Monty Strategies stands for: the ability to know and understand the audience you're trying to reach, and that human nature doesn't change.
There are plenty of gurus, ninjas, jedis and so-called experts out there. Scott is not one of them - at least not by his own estimation. Expert status is something that must be earned and conferred after many years - not simply a by-product of knowing how to use a single platform. While Scott has been called an expert or guru by many, it is not an appellation you'll hear him use when referring to himself. He's simply someone with a wealth of corporate and digital experience.
While junior staff yearn for ways to become "more strategic," it's not a matter of taking a course or learning a formula. The art of strategy comes from many years of experience in business with a keen understanding of forever-changing external forces, the competition, and how a decision in one area of the business might affect another.
Scott Monty is a corporate executive steeped in digital. Scott was ranked by The Economist as number one atop the list 25 Social Business Leaders and by Forbes as one of the top 10 influencers in social media, Alan Mulally, the CEO of Ford Motor Company, called him "a visionary."
From 2008-2014, Scott was head of social media at Ford Motor Company and held the title Global Digital and Multimedia Communications Manager. He advised on social media activities across the company, from influencer relations to marketing support, customer service to internal communications and more. Prior to joining Ford, Scott was part of a strategic consultancy specializing in digital and social media and an advertising and marketing firm focused on technology and health sciences.
Scott has been featured in hundreds of news and business publications in print and on the web, in dozens of books, and on a variety of mainstream media, including Bloomberg, NBC, NPR, CNN, Fox Business, The Wall Street Journal and more. Scott is a recognized thought leader in the communications and marketing industry and frequently speaks at events around the world.
Whether you'd like to retain Scott as a senior advisor, arrange a consulting project together or invite him to speak at your industry or corporate event, we'd be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Contact page to get in touch.
Books in which Scott or his work is featured:
- The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies for Igniting Your Content, Your Marketing and Your Business by Mark W. Schaefer
- The Most Powerful Brand on Earth: How to Transform Teams, Empower Employees, Integrate Partners, and Mobilize Customers to Beat the Competition in Digital and Social Media by Chris Boudraux and Susan F. Emerick
- Social Media Law for Business by Glen Gilmore
- Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break Through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Joe Pulizzi
- Socialnomics by Erik Qualman
- Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition by Michael Steltzner
- The Social Media Strategist by Christopher Barger
- Social Business by Design by Peter Kim
- Digital Strategies for Powerful Corporate Communications by Paul Argenti
- Social Media Marketing for Dummies by Shiv Singh
- Real-Time Marketing and PR: How to Instantly Engage Your Market, Connect with Customers, and Create Products that Grow Your Business Now by David Meerman Scott
- Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web by Brian Solis
- Empowered: Unleash Your Employees, Energize Your Customers, and Transform Your Business by Josh Bernoff
- Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth
- Movements by Robbin Phillips, Greg Cordell, Geno Church, and Spike Jones
- Open Leadership: How Social Technology Can Transform the Way You Lead by Charlene Li
- MicroMarketing: Get Big Results by Thinking and Acting Small by Greg Verdino
- Spend Shift: How the Post-Crisis Values Revolution Is Changing the Way We Buy, Sell and Live by John Gerzema and Michael D'Antonio
- Power Friending: Demystifying Social Media to Grow Your Business by Amber Mac
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- Twitterville by Shel Israel
- Six Pixels of Separation by Mitch Joel
- Monkeys with Typewriters by Jemima Gibbons
- Read This First by Ron Ploof
- World Wide Rave by David Meerman Scott
- Get Seen by Steve Garfield
- Board Member At-Large, American Marketing Association (2014-2017)
- Board of Trustees of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Advisor for RPM Ventures
- Advisor to My Dealer Service
- Advisor, Crowd Companies
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Digital & Social Media Marketing
- Judge, Content Marketing Awards