This is your chance to hear from someone who was behind the scenes at a Fortune 10 brand for six years and has lived to tell about it! Scott Monty will entertain your audience and make them think –without making it hurt. They'll walk away with less fear and more understanding of the changing world, energized to improve customer experiences.
Some of Scott's accomplishments at Ford include:
- Established the global social media function
- Developed and executed Ford's first social media strategy
- Led digital crisis communications during global automotive crisis
- Ford Explorer – the first vehicle ever revealed via Facebook
- Dominated coverage at auto shows via influencer relations programs
- Advised teams on digital customer care integration
- Strategic relationships with major platforms (Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo)
- The Fiesta Movement – the largest influencer program (100 cars to 100 influencers for 6 months)
- Strategic lead and advisor for executive digital and social efforts
- Led digital transformation across multiple functions, including communications, marketing, IT, legal, customer service
- Third most-requested speaker at Ford, after Bill Ford, Jr. and Alan Mulally
In Scott's talks, he shares original stories of his experiences, plus uses his knowledge of the classics to make it clear that historical, literary, and even mythological figures can help us understand the future. He uses analogies and humor to bridge the divide between the past and present and helps audiences realize that they've got the key to better customer relationships already within themselves.
Speaking OptionsScott gives keynote addresses and hosts executive briefings/workshops. If you'd like to book Scott for one of your events, please get in touch. You can find Scott's bio here.
Current Speaking Topics:
What's Past Is Prologue: Timeless Business Guidance
We keep thinking we're in a unique place in history. That the technological changes we see – social media, autonomous vehicles, same-day delivery, etc. – are somehow placing us in a position we've never been in before. The truth is, it's merely a new spin on problems that are as old as history. And philosophers, poets, authors and more have penned advice that speaks to human nature – for that is what has always driven us. Scott cuts through the jargon and shiny objects to focus on what matters most to customers by finding common sense in wisdom from the ages.
Patience and FortitudeHow do you gain people's attention when they're overwhelmed with information? And get them to trust you, on top of that? Through consistent and repeated actions, over time. And once you've gained trust, you can build loyalty. But what if you're giving your customers different messages based on where they interact with you? You're missing out on major opportunities. In this talk, learn the tried and true methods for making your customers want to come back time and again.
This Time, It's PersonalAs we chase the ever-evolving social media developments, one thing remains constant: people still require personal interaction. Which is why they want personalized communication. But the challenge for the advertiser is that consumers don't want to give up too much information about themselves. In a post-GDPR world, where personal data is (or should be) treated as sacred, how can marketers go about doing what they need to do and still deliver on what people want? It all comes down to building and maintaining trust, and delivering something worthwhile. In addition to leveraging data, it's about storytelling, customer experience, and making people feel something.
Other topics include:
- The Time Is Now: Digital Crisis Communication
- All the Feels: Strategic Storytelling
- The Importance of Leadership and Culture in Reputation Management
- Corporate Communications Perspectives from a Digital Pioneer
- Disrupting the Status Quo of Communications and Marketing
Sample speaking events:
- CeBIT Australia
- Google Americas Marketing Leadership Meeting
- Walmart Marketing Summit
- Masco Digital Marketing Summit
- Vision Critical Customer Summit
- Campus Party (Sao Paulo)
- Content Marketing World
- New Media Expo
- Social Media Week (New York and Los Angeles)
- rethink (Oslo)
- PR and Social Media Summit (Amsterdam)
- Social Media Matters (Hong Kong)
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
Accolades:"That was the most insightful and tangible talk I've yet seen." — Ryan F. Casey
"The best example of how to sell without selling." — Dominic Sicotte
"What an amazing presentation! Very entertaining as well as informing." — Luis Aguilar
"Scott Monty has made me want to buy a Ford car, follow a puppet's Facebook page, and find out what foxes say all in the space of 20 minutes." — Localiiz, Hong Kong’s leading lifestyle website
Sample - Salesforce's Dreamforce conference:
Sample - Vision Critical Customer Summit: