Steve Rubel of Micropersuasion has been accused of being a bit Twitter-centric on his blog. He's all over Twitter and ranks #18 on Twitterholic. In his honor, I've developed a 12-step program for Twitterers who may have a bit of a problem...
Twitter 12-Step Program
- We admit that we are powerless over Twitter - that our lives have become unmanageable.
- Believe that an application greater than Twitter can restore us to sanity.
- Make a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Rubel as we understand him.
- Take a fearless inventory of Twitter add-ons in our browsers.
- Admit to Rubel, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Be entirely ready to have Rubel remove all these defects of Gmail, IM and any other application supporting Twitter.
- Humbly ask him to remove us from his friends list.
- Make a list of all persons we have flamed, and be willing to make amends to them all.
- Make direct amends to such people wherever possible - in person - except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continue to take personal inventory, and when we are wrong, promptly admit it.
- Seek through blogging and del.icio.us bookmarks to improve our contact with Rubel as we understand him, blogging only for links to his widsom and the power to carry that out.
- Have a social media awakening as the result of these steps, try to carry this message to all Twitterers, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.