It's been about 9 weeks since I joined the team at Ford Motor Company, and what a ride it's been. I'm working with an amazing team of people in Communications; I get to tap into the strategic and creative brains at Social Media Group; I interact with teams from IT, Marketing, Product Development, Customer Service, and many others; and I'm responsible for leading the company forward in digital communications.
Does this sound like something you'd like to be involved in? Then come work for me.
I've got an opening for a Digital Communications Manager on my team, and you'd be my right-hand person. You'd be responsible for:
- Overseeing online publishing staff responsible for content on media, public affairs and employee communications sites.
- Managing Corporate Communications Team Connect web site including wikis, blogs and share documents.
- Actively managing the capital project to redesign key media and employee websites to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery with content that reflects forward thinking social media applications, tools and practices.
- Providing strategic thinking and support around Ford's social media efforts that extends to all areas of the company, coupled with creative solutions that will put the company on the cutting edge of digital communications.
- Implementing tactics that flow from the social media strategy, coordinating efforts of our external agency and staff members, including the development of a blogger relations program.
- Managing and mentoring staff, and managing vendor relationships including financial responsibilities.
You can check out the full job description and submit your resume on the Ford Careers website. If you have any questions, feel free to be in touch.
P.S. I know there's going to be a lot of "I'm not moving to Detroit." Well, I thought that when I was first approached by Ford. There's obviously a lot going on here and a lot that impressed me to make me leave Boston.
Photo credit: Scott Ginsburg